ALS is accepting applications for Fulltime EMT positions. Apply online. Please forward all attachments to email@example.com
BE A PART OF OUR ADVANCED LIFE SYSTEMS TEAM!
EMT JOB DESCRIPTION
Advanced Life Systems ambulance service is seeking compassionate, professional EMTS that will thrive in our high acuity 911 call system. The ideal candidate must have excellent patient care service skills while working under pressure. Must be available to work 12hr, 24hr and 48-hour shifts, with the understanding that there may be periods of limited downtime due to our call volumes. Our location in Yakima County often requires our staff to work in extreme climates, confined spaces, and may require hiking/climbing into remote areas for patient care.
Most importantly our EMTS must have a teamwork mindset and possess the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all agencies, family, or providers with whom we work to ensure we can provide the best outcomes for our patients and community.
- High-school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates of Science degree in related field (preferred).
- Current Valid State Driver’s License.
- Clean driving record (3-year driving abstract required) Request WA State Driving Record
- Current National EMT-Basic, or Washington State EMT-Basic certification.
- Current AHA CPR/AED for the Healthcare provider certification.
- Current National EMT-Intermediate or Washington State EMT-Intermediate certification (Preferred).
- Hazmat Awareness.
- Current EVIP or (obtained within 30 days post-hire)
- ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
- (Click above for individual courses or here for the full FEMA list: https://training.fema.gov/is/ )
- 1 year minimum of continuous employment with an EMS agency (Preferred).
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting. (Preferred)
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate each call scene to determine most effective care plan for each patient.
- Adhere to medical protocol and safety requirements for the best possible patient care and outcomes.
- Must also remain focused at the task at hand, rapid and proper care with the goal of saving lives.
- Ability to manage high emotional stress situations always.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, CPR, and other procedures to provide basic life support care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Lift and move patients as required for patient care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Establish rapport with patient and family, communicate in a straightforward, honest, compassionate manner always.
- Act as team partner and assist Paramedic for scene responsibility
- Be proficient in reading road maps, driving code in emergency vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications.
- Engage in proper radio etiquette, communicate with dispatcher on status of patient condition of transport, on scene, transport, and cleared times.
- Ensure optimal unit readiness by keeping ambulance clean and stocked, including completed rig/equipment checks.
- Prepare and complete patient care reports including all billing paperwork accurately, after each transport as allowed in accordance with state and Yakima County guidelines.
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
- Notify the on-duty supervisor of any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions for this job.
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility test
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment as necessary
- May be required to lift a minimum of 150 pounds or more repeatedly throughout a 48-hour shift
- Requires sitting, standing, kneeling in all types of situations (indoor/outdoor) environments
- Requires ability to operate and lift both a standard and bariatric stretcher
- Ability to operate and handle wheelchair lift and transfer
- Exposure to loud noises, other necessary equipment, bodily fluid, hazardous material
- Manage and maintain control under extreme emotional stress situations.
Advanced Life Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
- Annual salary starting $51,683.84
- Medical/Dental Insurance.
- 401k Plan with Employer matching.
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off.
- In-House continuing education opportunities at no cost to the employee.
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Scholarship/Reimbursement opportunity for Paramedic School
WE ASK THAT ALL OF YOUR CERTIFICATIONS, AS WELL AS A 3-YEAR DRIVING ABSTRACT BE DIRECTLY EMAILED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Yakima, WA
Return to Job Listings
Posted on October 24, 2018