Be apart of our ALS Team!
Dispatcher - FT Position
Advanced Life Systems, Inc is seeking a reliable and caring individual to join our dispatch team. The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator and possess the ability to stay calm and composed under pressure.
Qualified applicants should meet the criteria listed below. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older. Applicants must also be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Advanced Life Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process or employment with ALS because of a disability, it is available upon request.
Dispatch shift overview:
Currently the shifts are separated into 12-hour rotations. Day shift begins at 0700 and ends at 1900 with the oncoming night shift. Utilizing professional phone etiquette is very important. Our phone demeanor is often the first impression of our agency, as we are the first line of communication for all phone traffic. This includes patients, providers, staff, and other government agencies. This position also requires a strong ability to adhere to all policies, procedures, and guidelines.
In this position multi-tasking is a must. We are a busy service and are typically answering the phone, dispatching a call, and updating our run cards at the same time. We are responsible for the safety of at minimum five field units as well as a wheelchair van during the duration of our shift. Our intake includes both non-emergent scheduled trips and 911 emergent calls. Having a strong knowledge and understanding of the geographical area is very helpful.
- Daily shift hand over requires count of petty cash and verification of controlled substances
- Update on duty/off duty crews for shift
- Understanding and maintain HIPAA compliance due to sensitive information in a discreet professional manner
- Field incoming calls to appropriate person
- Schedule Inter-facility, Long distance, and Cabulance Wheelchair transports
- Prioritization of urgency for dispatched calls from inter-facility transfers
- Maintain city coverage for 911/private calls
- Ensure radios, batteries, phones are charged
- Properly and fully complete documentation of run cards
- Attach run sheets with crew completed reports
- Clear cancelled run sheets
- Print and stock necessary forms
Regularly Used Systems/Programs:
- KAS-10 (Radio paging system)
- Computerized Mapping Software
- Microsoft programs (Office 365)
- Cell Phone - Push to talk
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum one-year experience in public service/customer service (preferred)
- Certified in CPR or Successful completion of course upon hire
- Must be ready to work in a shift-work environment and will include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to type 30 WPM
- Strong knowledge of Medical Terminology
- EMD certified or equivalent certification (preferred - not required)
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- High level of initiative and the ability to make sound decisions independently
- Excellent organizational, computer, and communication skills
(Reasonable accommodations can be made upon request.)
- Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions for this job.
- The Dispatcher will often sit and stand unassisted and may also lift up to 20 pounds or more throughout the normal course of a day.
- The Dispatcher will verbally communicate both through direct contact with crew members and providers, and through a radio device and phone. Clear and concise voice communication is required at all times.
- Dispatchers will also frequently hear spoken words face-to-face from crew members and customers, and via radio and phone; multi-lingual candidates are highly preferred but not required.
- The dispatcher will frequently be sitting for extended periods of time near computers, will be typing and writing, and will be reading content transmitted through computers.
- The Dispatcher will primarily be working indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The Dispatcher will be working with chemical substances such as liquid paper, sharpie markers, and basic cleaning supplies. (Full Hazardous Material sheets/information are available to the employee at all times).
- Annual starting salary $37,180.42-$39,827.66
- FSA option
- Life Insurance
- 401K with matching by the employer
- Vacation and sick accrual
- CEU Training opportunities
- IAEP Collective Bargaining Unit
we ask that all of your certifications, and or resumbe be uploaded and included with your application. If issues with attachments and uploading please email to: TERAH@ADVANCEDLIFESYSTEMS.COM